About Author Services Technical (AST)
AST offers a single source solution for the production of technical documentation for use in most fields of industrial activity enabling client management to overcome short or long term work overloads.
The AST Head Office is in Letchworth Hertfordshire where our management team and our permanent Technical Author teams are based. AST has two further teams; a database of trusted contractors and a large pool of carefully vetted Technical Authors who we call upon for specialist projects.
Since its formation in 1966, the company has maintained a high quality, reliable service on many diverse projects from one-off manuals to partnership arrangements where AST acts as the clients Technical Publications department.
Technical Authors to fit a wide range of projects
Our personnel work wherever and whenever needed. We undertake short-term remote contracts through to long term on-site contracts. Our business embraces all technology including supporting our clients with the increasing need for web content and Technical Support. We are experienced working with fixed price projects and providing staff on a contract basis. If required, we also provide security vetted personnel to work on sensitive projects. Find out more about Contract and Permanent staff, visit our Staffing page.
AST’s expertise lies in:
- Identifying the end user’s experience and knowledge of the product/system
- Scoping of work prior to commencement to ensure that the customer is provided with the best solution to the requirement
- Combining all the Technical Publications skills to produce professional Technical Documentation
- Managing contracts to ensure timescales and quality expectations are met and that the customer is regularly updated on the progress of contracts
- Providing added value to contracts to ensure repeat business
- AST has a long & successful track record of working with small, medium and large business. View some of our clients.